You are now 3 months and 5 days old. I can't believe how fast time is going! I find myself torn between wanting you to stay so cute and little and being so excited for your next milestone to come. I have a feeling I will feel that way for a long time....
This month of your life can be summed up in one word. Growing!
You started this month at a little over 8 pounds and I think by now you are close to 12. I knew you were eating a lot more and your head seemed to be growing a lot, but boy was mommy in for a surprise when she took you to the doctor a couple of weeks ago and the scale said over 11 pounds. That's right my little preemie, you gained 3 pounds in 3 weeks. Even the doctor was impressed. :)
Some fun things that you have started doing include:
-holding your head up all the time
-using your hands to rub your eyes and grab things
-being much more opinionated about what you want and when you want it
-kicking as much as you can because you LOVE to move!
-sleeping 7 hours in a row most nights (Hallelujah!)
-eating bottles of formula because mom can't keep up with your feedings.
-spending lots of time with family while mom works 2 days a week
-playing on your activity mat with your animals
-"talking" to whatever will listen. Your words include "ooh" "uh" "yeah" (I swear, he says it!) and what sounds an awful lot like "hi". You also scream at least 5 times a day at something and daddy and I can't really figure out why.
-"singing" along with the music that you seem to really like.
-smiling and laughing at anything that makes you happy.
In mommy and daddy's world the big change has been daddy started his new job. We like it because he got a whole week off to spend with you and now will have a schedule that works well with being a daddy. Mommy likes the fact the he has to dress in a dress shirt and tie every day and looks so handsome when he leaves the house. :)
I'm so excited for you little man and all the fun things that are coming your way. Next up, rolling over and maybe even some teeth!
I love you more than words can say.
-Mommy
| Started out the same size as George, wow! |
Love it! Hey, how do you do your pics like that? And that font is cool!!!! I need some lessons!!
ReplyDelete