Monday, August 29, 2011

6 months!

Dear Caleb,

I realized today as I told my class the date, that you have been 6 months old for 9 days and I still haven't found time to write! Trust me Bubba, it's not because I don't think about you all the time, I've just been crazy busy with work and very tired after it's all said and done. I went back to teaching full time on the 15th which was the same day Daddy started his new job as a Salesman (which was a big promotion....yay Daddy!). We're adjusting pretty well, but Daddy and I miss you lots while we are both at work and it's going to take a few weeks to get into our new routine. You're doing a great job and seem to really like going to daycare, which is a huge answer to prayer. You are still the best thing that has ever happened to me and I love the fact that no matter how tired or fussy you get, I still get at least a few of your wonderful smiles everyday. :)

You went for your 6 month well visit on the 24th. You've continued to grow and are almost up to the 50th percentile. You love to eat, which makes catching you up a little but easier.

Your current stats:
Weight: 16 lbs 15.5 oz.
Length: 2' 2"

Some new things from this month were:
-going in the swings at the park
-a fun visit with lots of family members from both Mommy AND Daddy's side of the family
-your first camping trip with our small group
-mastering the roll over (although you hate being on your tummy, but refuse to roll back)
-discovering your toes which you think are great
-going to the Nursery at church
-finally figuring out how to eat solid food! To date you've had applesauce, rice cereal, bananas, pears, zuchini, oatmeal, carrots and sweet potatoes. You seem to like them all, except the zuchini (but I don't blame you)
-helping mom and Aunt Becky get their classrooms ready for school
-going to the fair
-starting daycare full time
-wanting to sit up or sit in your Bumbo chair all the time
-grabbing and holding toys, papers, blankets etc.
-babbling and making many different sounds (you seem to be over the screaming...thank goodness!!)

As always, you amaze me and you grow and change every day. You are still the most beautiful baby I have ever seen and I love you more than words can say.

Love,
Mommy

My first swing

Playing with my 2nd cousin, Addie

My usual hangout spot

Fun with Daddy on our camping trip


At the horse races with Auntie

1 comment:

  1. Awww....so cute!!! I can't believe how big he has gotten!

    ReplyDelete