Tuesday, January 24, 2012

11 months

Dear Caleb,
A while ago Daddy's cousin Wesley asked me how old you were. When I told him how ever many months, he said "so he's zero?," to which I had to say with a smile, "yes."  At the time it seemed that you would be zero for awhile, but then I blinked and here it is already - the last month of you being zero.

Sometimes I find myself getting sad about how fast your first year has gone by, how quickly you are growing up, and how independent you already are. But then I realize how exciting and fun it is to watch you learn new things and how much you seem to love your life. You are still such a happy, curious little guy. Although I already long for you to let me hold you like you did as a newborn, I am finding it a lot easier to be thankful for how you are right now in this moment and to be excited for all that is come.

This past month was fun in that I got to be home with you for 2 and 1/2 weeks and not so fun in that you, Daddy and I were both sick with yucky things. First the flu (which I ended up getting twice!), then stuffy noses and coughs. In addition you got your two top molars, so we have had some rough nights. You seem better just this week though, so things are looking up!

Because of sicknesses, we didn't do much this month, but you continue to grow and had some fun new things happen. Here's your monthly list. :)

-celebrated your first Christmas
-climbed up stairs
-went to a few more Windsor basketball games
-Aunt Barbara, Uncle Lou and the Ogdens came to visit
-learned how to make music on your new piano/xylophone
-started giving "kisses" (with your mouth wide open and drool coming out)
-got your top two molars
-went on more walks with Mommy and Grandma
-went to pick Clemetines with Grandma and Grandpa Rebich and Auntie Rachael
-started saying "bath", "baba" (bottle), "duck" and "grr".
-started clicking with your tounge and repeating sounds
-can now cruise all over the place, pull yourself up on everything, open cupboards, pull things down and generally cause lots of mischief.

You are now keeping Mommy and Daddy on our toes as you explore and get into everything, but your smiles, laughs and hugs make it all worth it. :)

I love you more than words.

Love,
Mommy
New Year's lunch out with the girls

Daddy's hat :)

Yum..."A" is my favorite

Time to baby proof

Sweet face

So big!

No comments:

Post a Comment