The biggest thing going on lately, and I mean biggest literally, is that as of today I am 37 weeks pregnant. Full term baby! My heart is so thankful. I am healthy. Blood pressures and protein levels are great. Baby seems perfectly happy staying put for awhile. This little guy decided to plant himself all out front. Everyone says it looks like a swallowed a basketball and it totally does. My belly is quite large, which I guess is normal, but totally different than my pregnancy with Caleb. I have a lot of the fun end of pregnancy symptoms and have decided I do NOT love being pregnant, but I am trying my best to pray for a thankful heart because it truly is a miracle and a gift to be having another baby boy.
I am mostly thankful for the fact that I was able to not go back to work after Christmas. Caleb and I have been hanging out and I am slowly, but surely getting things ready for this new little one. There are still a few projects I'd like to get done, but he could come tomorrow and we would be okay. Again, totally different than when Caleb decided to show up 6 weeks early and we didn't even have a car seat yet.
FAST FORWARD
So....I never even got a chance to finish this post. Now it's a week later and baby is here!
Here's a little run down of the last couple of months leading up to Mason's arrival. Just for the record, ya know?
In November my whole family (sans Adam) drove down to L.A. for a weekend. My cousin Kyle got married. The wedding was beautiful and we enjoyed seeing my cousins. Caleb danced the night away and we got a tiny bit of downtime which was nice considering I had just finished parent/teacher conferences and was dealing with being pregnant, chasing a very active toddler around and having my entire left arm in a cast. Fun times.
Thanksgiving break was very nice. Time to relax and being that I was a disabled pregnant woman, I didn't cook a thing. Just ate. A lot.
December consisted mostly of me waddling around trying to get everything ready at school (knowing I was taking leave for the rest of the school year), prepping for the new baby and, of course, Christmas! In between all that I was at a doctor's appointment or physically therapy at least twice a week which made things seem really busy, yet fly by at the same time.
We celebrated the birth of our Savior by spending lots of time with both sides of our family. We went to the Town Green Christmas celebration and down to see what Caleb called "The Christmas" a few other times too. We got a tree and Caleb helped Daddy decorate it. He then had fun undecorating it on a daily basis. :) We drove around to look at lights which made Caleb squeal with delight. We danced and danced with the singing Santa that lives at BOTH his grandparents houses. I frantically bought and wrapped presents that would be unwrapped less than 2 days later. We went to an awesome Christmas Eve church service that I cried through because we are so blessed. We had three different Christmas dinners, one of which we hosted. And of course we opened lots of presents. At first, Caleb didn't really understand the opening thing, but once he figured it out, he had a blast! I am now regretting the fact that we have very few pictures of Christmas...:( Being that just walking exhausted me, I do remember asking Adam to take some pictures, but even though I can list a hundred reasons why my husband is wonderful, he has no sentimental attachment to things and could care less about taking pictures. Oh well. We have a few and memories of course.
![]() |
| Checking out the snow on the Town Green |
![]() |
| So fun! |
| Opening presents with "Bama" |
| Lots of new toys! |
| Very pregnant mama |


No comments:
Post a Comment