Dear Mason,
Hi sweet, little man. You turned 2 months old last Thursday. As of today you are actually 9 weeks old, which is a little hard to believe. Where does the time go?
As your mother I will be the first to admit that as the second child you are much more neglected than your brother was at 2 months. Maybe it was because Caleb was so tiny or maybe just because he was our first, but we didn't really even leave the house with him for a good month or so after he came home. With you, as long as you aren't crying too much, we just live life as if you've always been here. You've been shopping all over the place, gone on walks/to the park many times, been to restaurants, been to church and gone to visit all sorts of people. You've been left with Grandma and Grandpa several times already. There are half as many pictures of you simply because I forget to take them. You are bathed half as much and only if you start to really stink. You wear mostly hand-me-downs. Poor baby....
You also, at times, have to just be left to cry. This is mostly because when I am home alone with you and Caleb, there are times when I have to take care of your brother too. You like to be held most of the time so you get very mad when I put you down. There have already been too many times when I have to decided which screaming kid to deal with first. Unfortunately, that's life. Luckily when it's all said and done, you are a happy guy and don't seem to hold any of it against me.
Caleb totally loves you now. He is still jealous of the time you get
from Daddy or me, but he gives you kisses and snuggles daily and says
"me hold him" sometimes. His favorite thing to do is grab your feet and yell "gotcha!" I love when you are crying and he says "It's okay Baby Mason." I think he can't wait until you are big enough to actually play with.
At your 2 month well visit it was confirmed that you are a little on the chubby side. You weigh 13 pounds, 9 ounces (78th percentile) and are 23 inches long (61st percentile). You are mostly in 3-6 month clothes already. You are totally healthy and progressing normally, but do get tummy aches from time to time. I love your baby rolls and your triple chin.
At first, I thought you looked exactly like Daddy and Caleb, but over the past month or so you have started to look more and more like me! Maybe it's the chubs that helps with that. You definitely have red in your hair, my cheeks and my eye shape. You still, however, got Daddy's blue eyes. You also seem to be much more laid back than Caleb was even at 2 months. If you are fed and changed and rested (the three important things in a baby's world), you are happiest just hanging out in someone's arms watching the world go by. You don't like loud noises or bright lights and would prefer to just veg out. Again, totally like me.
I love you sweet baby boy. Don't grow up too fast.
-Mommy




That last pic reminds me of Caleb!
ReplyDelete