Monday, December 2, 2013

9 and 10 and a bit more months

Dear Mason,

Well, it happened. I missed a month. As of today you are 10 months and 10 days old and I did not even do your 9 month post yet.

Such is life, my sweetness. Such is life.

You mama is busy, busy, busy most of the time. Not out of control busy, just always having something to get done busy.

But, we are happy and you are loved. Very, very loved. I pray you know that. Always.

At your 9 month well visit you were given another clean bill of health. Praise the Lord. You are still pretty heavy, but are beginning to level out...kind of... My only question to the doctor was if it's okay that you shovel food into your mouth by the handful as if you are starving. He laughed and told me not to worry, so I won't. Here are your current stats.

Height: 28.5 inches (43rd percentile)
Weight: 23 pounds 10 ounces  (92nd percentile)
Head circumference: 18.3 inches (85th percentile)

Yep. 92nd percentile for weight. You weigh at 10 months what your brother weighed at 15 months. No wonder my back hurts all the time!

It actually is getting hard to dress you. 12 month clothes are too tight, but 18 month are way too long. It doesn't really matter though because you might possibly be the cutest baby ever. I think it's mostly because you giggle and smile so much, but man oh man are you cute!

Over the past weeks you have mastered crawling and pulling yourself up on things. You are really fast and still into everything that we don't button down. The garbage can has been moved outside because no matter where in the house I put you down, you will crawl directly to it and try to crawl in. You have also started using the little push walker when Caleb will share it with you. You like to try walking, but I think it will be awhile yet before you reach that milestone. It's hard to get your chubby legs moving! :)

You don't say any words yet, but you do lots of babbling, singing and screaming. You make certain sounds for your bottle, or more food, or when calling for me, but no words. They will come soon I'm sure.

New things for you (over the past 2 months!):
-Getting your third, fourth, fifth AND sixth tooth. You now have two on the bottom and four on the top. Chomp, chomp.
- eating more finger foods including pancakes, french toast, cheese, chicken, different crackers, pears, apples, broccoli, squash and pasta. Bananas, pears, cheese and spaghetti are some of your favorite things.
-holding your bottle or sippy cup
-going on a few fun outings to the Toley Fall Festival and the Fire Station
-celebrating Halloween. You dressed as a lion with Caleb. We went to the school carnival, Howarth Park and Trick or Treating.

I love you baby.

-Mommy


Bath time fun

One of your favorite toys



Wanting to help with the yard

Spaghetti = yum!

Who needs a pacifier when you have lego guys?







Building a fort with your favorite playmate :)


No comments:

Post a Comment