Last weekend my dad's boss let us use his cabin on Donner Lake. After months of mostly sticking around home, it was a nice little get away.
Both Adam's parents and sister and my parents and sister joined us. The cabin sleeps 14+ so there was plenty of room and Caleb loved having both Grandma's, Grandpa's and Aunties with him. My arms also appreciated the break from holding Mason, aka the heaviest child on earth, all the time.
After spending what felt like a week planning, organizing and packing everything for myself and 2 kids, we got off to a great start. Adam had to work that morning but my sister was riding with me. The kids were happy. The weather was great. There wasn't too much traffic. Then about 45 minutes from the lake, Caleb puked all over himself. G. r. double o - Gross. After cleaning that mess up the best we could, Mason decided to scream at me for the next half an hour while I was smelling vomit and stuck behind a big rig going 25 miles per hour up the mountain. UGH! After we finally arrived Caleb proceeded to poop in the bath we had put him in to wash off the puke and I couldn't for the life of me get the carseat out of the car to wash it. I almost burst into tears several times. Thankfully my mom, dad and sister were beyond helpful and by the time Adam and his family arrived we were all okay again.
The rest of the weekend was pretty relaxing and uneventful. Caleb really liked the cabin with the view of the lake. We watched the boats, took a nice walk, played at a fun beach and just hung out with family. It was a lovely little break and I so wish would could have stayed longer. I also wish I would have remembered to take a group photo! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment