Hi bubba. You are now two and half and I have been thinking about what I big boy you are! With so many new things happening for your baby brother all the time, I feel like I sometimes forget to think about how much you are changing too.
In the past 6 months you have continued to grow taller. You are actually as tall as most 4 year olds and sometimes people think you are much older than you are. As a joke, Auntie Becky took you through kindergarten screening and those that didn't know you really did think you were there to start school.
You talk very, very well. You speak in full sentences most of the time and even use correct pronouns and verbs. You have an amazing memory and usually learn things after just seeing or hearing about them once. Of course, you still have a lot to learn, but you are one smart little man. Almost too smart for your own good actually. You are incredibly fun to have conversations with and make car rides much more exciting.
You are a very sweet big brother. Although you have your moments when you are less than nice to Mason, overall, you usually take good care of him. You give him sweet kisses and hugs, you talk to him, and play with him and tell him "it's okay Mason" when he cries. You can't wait for him to be big enough to play with you, but you seem to mostly understand that he's still little and can't do everything that you can. And Mason absolutely adores you. He smiles and laughs every time he sees you and is happiest when sitting in the same room with you, just watching whatever you are doing.
You still love to be outside. One of your favorite things to do is to go on walks with Grandpa or play in the backyard (which for the past month has meant playing in dirt, which you don't seem to mind at all). You still love to go see the moon each night before bed and think that trees, clouds, and birds are awesome. I hope that never changes.
You also have discovered that TV and movies are a lot of fun. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is watched daily and I already need to limit your TV time or you would watch it all day long. You like books, puzzles, and toys too, but prefer TV. I mean, I don't blame you. I watch plenty of it too.
As you have gotten older, you have continued to show your independence and still have a ton of energy. You would run everywhere if you could and often tell us "I do it myself." For awhile there I didn't know if I could handle you and Mason and thought about giving you away. Just kidding. Kind of. There was the time I picked you up from Connies and I let go of your hand to open the car and you went running down the street. Oh wait, that happened more than once. Or the time you opened the door to the garage that had the baby proof handle, went down the stairs and was in the street by the time I got to you. Or the numerous times you would be playing nicely, I would leave the room to go change Mason and you would throw every toy, book, snack etc. you had on the floor. Or the times you decided that spitting out your food or drink was a good idea. Just for fun. Or the times you thought playing in the toilet was tons of fun. Again. Just for fun. I know all of that is normal, but it seems to be amplified with you because of your energy, wit and coordination. I mean, do all two year olds figure out a way to climb up to push the garage door opener button or how to get themselves onto a fooseball table? Maybe they do. Or maybe it's just a boy thing. All I know is it's a good thing you are cute and that I love you so much. : ) Thankfully after a lot of discipline, you are getting better and I feel like we are quickly approaching the other side of the "terrible twos."
For the most part you are a very fun, happy kid. You laugh every day and usually make others laugh with you. You like to play with other kids and learn new things. You love everyone in our family and they love you.
I am one lucky mama.
I love you kiddo. Don't grow up too fast.
Love,
Mommy


No comments:
Post a Comment