Monday, February 10, 2014

One year old

Dear Mason,

You are one! You are walking and starting to talk and eating real food and wearing shoes and growing up so fast. I say it every single month, but I really can't believe it. It seems like just yesterday we brought you home.

Your one year stats are:
Height: 30.25 inches (59th percentile)
Weight: 23lbs. 11oz. (82nd percentile)

Thanks to you learning how to walk (and run!), you only gained an ounce over the last 3 months! I find myself being thankful that you could afford to loss a few lbs. because despite eating just as much, you are burning it off way faster. I can tell by the way your clothes fit that even though you are still pretty solid, you are thinning out big time.

At a year your personality is really coming through. You are a curious combination of independent and attached to Mommy. There are times when you cruise around the house finding all sorts of things to play with and keep yourself entertained for hours and there are times when you literally will attach yourself to my leg and scream at me until I pick you up and carry you wherever I go. You still love to smile and laugh, especially at Caleb and Daddy. You are stubborn at times and when you know what you want you are not afraid to let us know it! You are very social and will snuggle or "talk" to anyone you meet, but snuggles with Mommy are your favorite (which I hope never, ever changes). You are also very curious and still get into everything. You empty drawers and baskets, put things in the heater vents, pull things out of the plugs in the wall...could it be that your parents don't watch you well enough? Maybe. :)

Some new things for you lately have been:
-walking! You took your first steps on Christmas Day. Mommy missed it, but Daddy and Papa claim you took 3 steps. The next day you showed me. You have completely mastered it now and are very fast.
-celebrated your first Christmas with both sides of the family
-celebrated New Year's at Grandma and Grandpa's annual "soup bowl."
-started drinking from a sippy cup and holding your spoon
-started drinking real milk
-although you still don't talk too much you can say "uh oh," "mo" (more), "boo," "Daddy," and "ball," most of the time you say "na na" for everything. "na na" means you want whatever it is...a toy, food, to be held, a bottle...everything is "na na." You also have decided to stop saying "mama." I am now "MA!"
-went hiking in Foothill Park and Armstrong Woods.
-fell out of the bath tub and got your first black eye.
-FINALLY started wearing shoes. Although there was not a great effort made,  for a long, long time no one could get shoes on your feet because your ankles were so fat. Although they are a size too big, I can finally get size 6 to stay on you. :)
-celebrated your first birthday with a family dinner at home. There was spaghetti, cake, balloons and your family. You loved it!!

I love you baby boy. I hope and pray you stay my happy, healthy boy. You bring me great joy!

Love, Mommy


Mason's 1!
  Yum, yum, yum!









No comments:

Post a Comment