Friday, March 21, 2014

A few changes

How is it already March 20th. What happened to February?! Oh I know. We were so busy, it just flew on by!

There's been a few events and changes in the Lewis fam, so I feel like I should write them down.

First off, Adam has started a new job. Actually it's a new position in the same company, but he's working with a different team of people in a different area, so it's a lot of change. He is now a "Key Accounts Manager." Fancy.

The good: 1) It's a salary based position. No more working to meet quotas or not knowing exactly how much his commission will be each month. Any "incentives" his team hits is extra income, not the majority of his income. 2) It's technically a promotion. He's now a manager. Good job hubby. :) 3) In theory, he will be able to have a more flexible schedule. He can decide when he has to go to certain accounts. AND he will be able to take a real vacation without having accounts he needs to contact and feel guilty about leaving. We haven't had a real, long, vacation since our road trip to Idaho in 2010. I've already started planning a few!

The possibly not so good: 1) More meetings in far away places, including overnight trainings once every two months. I'm way too spoiled with his help with the kids especially on mornings when I have to get to work by 8:10am. I can do it. It's just much harder! 2) A month or so of adjusting. Last week he worked 12 hour days almost every day. That will get better as he gets to know the dozens of people that are new to him, but it's going to be hard for a little while.

So...we'll see how it all goes. I'm so proud to be married to such a hard working guy. I'm even more proud of the fact that even after working all day he walks in the door and immediately turns into a playful, loving  Daddy of two energetic boys.

The other big change is that we have decided to change churches. We are now attending "The Bridge." A lot of thought and prayer has gone into this decision, but so far it feels like the right one. It's smaller, which we like. It's brand new which is exciting and gives us an opportunity to get involved from the very beginning. And because it was started by previous members of Spring Hills, we already know a lot of people, many of which have kids our kids age. The Sunday School class Caleb has been attending is bursting!

I admittedly do not always do well with change. I get very comfortable and used to things. I always need a plan and don't like to deviate from it. BUT, with the big changes God has put me through in the last 3 years (becoming a mom or two and having to switch grade levels and schools just to name a couple) I am getting better at dealing with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment