Adam and I met at the good 'ol Windsor Golf Course years and years ago. I worked in the snack bar and he worked in the cart barn. I am almost 3 years older than he is, so at the time I was 18 and he was a 15 year old boy...let's just say I didn't really notice much about him.
Fast forward a few years. I was about to turn 23 years old, still worked in the snack bar (it was a great job!), was getting my teaching credential and longed to find the man of my dreams. Adam was now at the golf course not to work, but to play golf and he played a lot! I saw him nearly every time I worked and we became friends. I was dating one of the guys who I thought I was in love with and Adam heard all about it. In reality that guy didn't treat me very well and when he "broke my heart" Adam seemed to be there to pick up the pieces. At first he tried to set me up with his friend, but finally asked me out. Turns out he stood me up! Can you believe that? Anyway, I gave him another chance and we somehow ended up going out again. A few weeks later we found ourselves talking on the phone until the wee hours of the morning and wanting to spend every moment together time.
![]() |
| Here we are the first year we were together... |
It took Ad awhile to ask me to marry him. At the time it seemed like it would never happen, but on my 26th birthday he finally asked. We laugh now because that night it was pouring rain, I had a cold and was doped up on cold meds and he had terrible poision oak all over his legs and had taken about 4 Benadryl. He always tells his buddies it was the Benadryl that made him do it, but whatever the reason he asked and I said "yes!"
We were married on April 15th, 2006 at, you could probably guess it, Windsor Golf Course. It poured rain that day too, but it was still a super fun and awesome day. That year Adam played on a mini tour that went all over California and we bought and fixed up our house. It was stressful, but we survived and still were happy being newlyweds that finally had a place of our own.
Not much has changed since then. We're still happy living in our little home in Windsor. Adam plays golf, works in the pro shop at Windsor and has taken on the role of coaching basketball at the high school over the past few years. I've been teaching fourth grade for 8 years now and still love it. We are very blessed and very happy. I get "I love you's" every single day and even though all marriages have their ups and downs...I am a very, very lucky and happy girl.

No comments:
Post a Comment