You turned 10 months old today and you're sick with your first fever. You've had it for a few days and the doctor says it is just a virus that has to run it's course. I am so thankful you have been so healthy up to this point. I hate how it feels when you don't feel well and there is nothing I can do about it. I will say though, I do love the fact that you will fall asleep on my chest like you used to when you were a newborn. I miss that already.
Daddy is sick too, which has only happened twice in the 11 years that I have known him! I am praying that both of you will be all better in a few days because you know what's coming?! Christmas!
Christmas is the best holiday ever! You already love our Chirstmas tree and have been a big "help" with wrapping (or should I say unwrapping) presents, so I know you are going to love it. And the best part about Christmas is that we get to celebrate the birth of Jesus. You know those songs I sing to you about Him? Well, I can't wait to tell you the Christmas story. It truly is amazing.
As of today you still weigh 20.15 pounds and that was with all of your clothes on...so technically you have lost weight. I am not shocked because you have been sick and not wanting to eat, but I also am not surprised because you move constantly. You have reached that point in life where you are into EVERYTHING! You crawl everywhere, pull yourself up and love exploring anything you can get your hands on. I think you have been planning your attack on the world for awhile now and now that you can get around, you are loving life. It is exhausting for Mommy, but so fun to watch you figure things out. You are already good at throwing, hitting things together and getting down from places. You've had a few falls, but I wouldn't be surprised if you are walking soon.
Despite all your moving around, you continue to be a very sweet, good baby. Everyone that spends time with you says how good you are. Even the doctor today commented that she wished all baby's were like you. I feel so blessed that you are such a happy little guy.
Here are a few new things from this month:
-celebrated your first Thanksgiving at Troy and Dorothy's house. You ate potatoes, roll, turkey and lemon pie (which Grandma fed you when I wasn't looking)
-went to another 1 year birthday party
-started holding your bottle with two hands and refusing to let someone help you
-went to a couple of Windsor basketball games to watch Daddy's team
-went to the Town Green for the "Tree Lighting Ceremony" (but fell asleep, so we left early)
-started saying "mama", "dada" and "ball"
-went to get your first Christmas tree
-got your seventh tooth
-celebrated Daddy's 30th birthday
I'm looking forward to some fun things coming up for you Bubba. And in just one day, Mommy gets to be home with you for 2 1/2 weeks! So fun.
Love you,
Mommy
![]() |
| One of many bruises from falling down |
![]() |
| So excited for Thanksgiving dinner! |
![]() |
| So big...sniff...sniff |
![]() |
| At the Town Green for the Tree Lighting Ceremony |
| Watching Daddy |
![]() |
| Our first family Christmas tree |
![]() |
| One of my many hiding places |
![]() |
| So fun |
| Family photo |
![]() |
| Mommy's favorite :) |








No comments:
Post a Comment