I love everything about this time of year. I love the cold nights, the lights, the trees, the cute decorations, Santa Claus, time off work, eating, singing, giving gifts, making treats and most of all celebrating the birth of Jesus. I love the anticipation of the big day and how the whole month seems to be spent celebrating. And as a new mom, I am finding myself even more awestruck by the fact the my Savior came as a baby boy.
This year I am also finding I can hardly stand how excited I am to celebrate Caleb's first Christmas! Yestreday as he was touching our Christmas tree and saying "oooohh," tears came to my eyes. I am so in love with my baby boy and there is so much in this life that I can't wait to show him. As I rock him to sleep at night and sing him Christmas carols out of tune, I am so thankful for him and for the opportunity to be his Mommy. I can't wait to help him open his first Christmas present and watch him play with the paper and the box instead of the gift. And I am already excited for the years when he will go up in front of the church and be the kid that yells the Christmas song and messes up some of the words, because I know he will be THAT kid.
It is also Adam's 30th birthday next week. I am looking forward to taking some time to celebrate with my husband. We are actually going out and pretending that we know what it feels like to be adults and let loose for a few hours.
My heart is so full. **Big sigh**
No comments:
Post a Comment